Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Artifacts From the Past!

Yesterday, a small package arrived for me from my uncle Richard Park, my dad's older brother. Inside was the Park family "jokpo" ( 족보 ), which is the Korean version of my family tree. My hands shook while I opened the package, which contained four small parchment paper books with Chinese writing on them. The jokpo is here! I was very excited and curious as I opened these relics of Korean history, which had been transported over from Korea by my fraternal grandfather.



Here is a picture of the four books.


The biggest book looked like this!

This was the smallest book standing on its side. It is about half the size of a pack of baseball cards and the pages were folded like a fan. 

The next step is to figure out how to get these translated into Korean and English!

-Chairman P

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we had 2 Chinese roomies...why don't you scan and email copies to Yang Tai Yu?

    ReplyDelete