Saturday, August 10, 2013

Miryang Park (밀양박) Geneology Adventure -- Recap and Pages 1-2

June 18, 2013

Wow! What a once in a lifetime experience! We made it there and back again. Together with my parents, I have stood on the tombs of my ancestors listed in my family genealogy record for 11 generations back. That's about 300 years ago!

It has now been over six months since the 2012 Great Miryang Park adventure in Korea. It has been enough time for it to fully to sink in and for me to fully realize the significance of what we experienced. And it has been enough time to start to forget too. So before my memory completely fades away, I will blog the experience. 

I don't really know why I procrastinated in writing this. Perhaps it was my job search. Or starting a new job. Or perhaps it was the continued study of Korean. More likely, it was the photo book that I created for my mom and dad to remember our trip to the homeland. That took a lot of work but I think everyone enjoyed seeing it. This blog post is similar to that book for the rest of the world to see.

Our ten day journey took us to Shanghai, Seoul, Jeonju, Busan, Jeju Island, Busan, and then back to Seoul.  It was really sweet to cash in some miles and points to get free hotel and airlines tickets there and back again, for the most part. 

But instead of writing, I will post pictures, as they tell a thousand words. Here's the cover of the book below.






No comments:

Post a Comment